ALGANT News archive
September 15, 2013: In 2013 the following ALGANT Master graduates defended their Ph.D. theses:
- Dung Hoang Duong at the Universities of Leiden and Padova
- Alberto Gioia at the Universities of Leiden and Bordeaux
- Ariyan Javanpeykar at the Universities of Paris Sud and Leiden
- Liviana Palmisano at the University of Paris Sud
- Neeraja Sahasrabudhe at the University of Padova
- Haoran Wang at the University of Paris 6
- Andrea Siviero at the Universities of Leiden and Bordeaux
July 10, 2013:
- Sara Checcoli appointed Maître de Conférence at the University of Grenoble.
- Yong Hu appointed Maître de Conférence at the University of Caen.
- Marco Maculan appointed Maître de Conférence at the University of Paris VI.
- Wen-Wei Li appointed professor at Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
The 2013 Joint Defense and Graduation Meeting took place in Bordeaux on July 6-8, 2013.
February 25, 2013: The ALGANT Doctorate students presented their work at a meeting in Leiden on February 23 and 24. A picture.
December 31, 2012: In 2012 the following ALGANT Master graduates defended their Ph.D. theses:
- Somayeh Habibi at the University of Milano (supervisor Luca Barbieri-Viale)
- Martino Garonzi at the University of Padova
- Yong Hu at the University of Paris Sud
- Marco de Ieso at the University of Paris Sud
- Ting-Yu Lee at the University of Paris 6
- Shoumin Liu at the at the Eindhoven University of Technology
- Marco Maculan at the University of Paris Sud
- Xu Shen at the University of Paris Sud (Prix de Thèse Hadamard 2013)
- Nelly Villamizar at the University of Oslo
- Chunhui Wang at the University of Paris Sud
July 20, 2012: The 2012 joint defenses and graduation meeting took place in Padova on July 16-18, 2012. Congratulations to the graduates!
July 1, 2012: Stefano Morra awarded Prix de thèse Hadamard for his Ph.D. thesis La structure des représentations universelles modulo p pour GL2. Congratulation to Stephano!
January 2, 2012: In 2011 the following ALGANT master graduates defended PHD theses:
- Shun Tang (supervisor Damien Roessler) at the University Paris Sud, February 2011
- Marco Perone (supervisor A. Facchini) at the University of Padova, March 2011
- Sara Checcoli (supervisor U. Zannier) at the University of Pisa, April 2011
- Zeljka Ljujic (supervisor M. Nathanson) at the City University of New York, April 2011
- Heer Zhao (supervisor L. Barbieri-Viale) at the University of Padova, September 2011
- Valentina Settimi (supervisor A. Languasco) at the University of Padova, October 2013
- Yongqi Liang (supervisor David Harari) at the University Paris Sud, October 2011
- Zongbin Chen (supervisor Gérard Laumon) at the University Paris Sud, December 2011
- Abhijit Laskar (supervisor Rutger Noot) at the University of Strasbourg, December 2011
September 18, 2011: Two ALGANT-sponsored summer schools were organized in 2011:
- July 10 - 23, 2011 in Leuven (Belgium)
- September 11 - 18, 2011 in Bressanone/Brixen (Italy)
September 1, 2011: Stefano Morra appointed maître de conférence at the University of Montpellier. Congratulation to Stephano!
July 8, 2011: The 2011 defenses and graduation ceremony took place in Milano on July 5-8. Congratulations to graduates! The ceremony photos are available.
December 2010: Stefano Morra defended his Ph.D. thesis (supervisor A. Mézard) at the University of Versaille. Lu Huajun defended his Ph.D. thesis "Réduction de courbes elliptiques" (supervisor Q. Liu) at the University of Bordeaux 1. Congatulations to both!
September 2010: Camilo Sanabria defended his Ph.D. thesis "Geometrical aspects of linear differential equations over compact Riemann Surfaces" (supervisor R. Churchill) at the City University of New York. Congatulations to Camilo!
June 26, 2010: ALGANT summer school Elliptic curves took place in Bordeaux from July 15 to July 18 2010.
April 29, 2010: the 2010 joint defense and graduation took place in Bordeaux on July 12 and 13. Cogratulations to the graduates!
December 7, 2009: Anna Morra defended her Ph.D. thesis "Asymptotic counting and algorithms for relative cubic extensions" (supervisor K. Belabas) at the University of Bordeaux 1. Congatulations to Anna!
October 14, 2009: Anastassia Stavrova defended her Ph.D. thesis "Structure of Isotropic reductive groups" (supervisor N. Vavilov) at the Saint-Petersburg University. This is the first Ph.D. by an ALGANT master graduate. Her thesis work won the annual prize of the Saint-Petersburg mathematical society for young scientists. Congratulations to Anastassia!
September 13, 2009: the 2009 graduation photos are available!
July 29, 2009: Dane Lukic of EMA (Erasmus Mundus students and alumni association), who was invited to the latest ALGANT graduation, wrote on ALGANT on the EMA website.
July 17, 2009: the European Commission extended the ALGANT master for five more years and selected the ALGANT-DOC joint doctorate porgramme among the thirteen first such programmes to receive the Mundus label.
July 8, 2009: the 2009 joint defense and graduation took place in Leiden on July 6-8. Congratulations to the graduates!
July 4, 2009: Many ALGANT students participated in the Summer School on Automorphic forms and L-Functions in Montreal.
June 30, 2009: ALGANT wiki is created.
May 23, 2009: ALGANT Alumni page is activated.
September 1, 2008: The 2008 Graduation photos are now available.
July 9, 2008: The second joint graduation ceremony has taken place on July 7-9, 2008 in Bruxelles, hosted by the Bureau Aquitaine Europe. The July 2008 issue of the Lettre d'information du Bureau Aquitaine Europe published an article on this event. Congratulations to the graduates!
June 30, 2007: The first ALGANT students graduated in June 2007. A special ceremony was organized in Padova on this occasion. Congratulations to the graduates!
August 31, 2006: The Master ALGANT was presented at the Madrid International Congress of Mathematicians in August 2006.
June 30, 2004: The European Union has accepted the consortium's Action 3 proposal. The proposal is a new collaboration with the universities and research centers of Montréal (Canada).